Re: PHIL: more machine thoughts

Kevin Goldsmith (kmg@monk.colossal.com)
Fri, 17 Jun 1994 12:18:03 -0700

When I said that navigation was a browser issue, not a language issue, I meant
more of the flying vs. driving vs. walking kind of navigation. Actually, I'm
not sure that "picking" is a language issue either. What we should maybe
define is an "activation" action. This action could either play a sound, or
move the object, or send you to a new "page" or whatever. If there was an
activation action, maybe there should also be a "regular" action which happens
continuously. This was the architecture I used for the Out Of Box experience,
where I extended Inventor 1.1 to include the notion of links and actions and it
worked very well.

Kevin