Re: LANG: Standard Semantic Characteristics (was Re: LANG: Re: scalability)

Kevin Goldsmith (kmg@monk.colossal.com)
Fri, 17 Jun 1994 12:24:35 -0700

On Jun 16, 12:18pm, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> Subject: LANG: Standard Semantic Characteristics (was Re: LANG: Re: scalab
>
> Standard characteristics of all objects:
>
> 1. color
how about Material, with characteristics like diffuse color, ambient
color, specular color, shininess, etc... ala renderman or Inventor.

> 2. orientation (TOP and FORWARD vectors see below)
not needed. All objects are defined in their own local coordinate
space with the +Y axis being TOP and the -Z access being FORWARD

> 3. bounding box (8 points, simple 3-space for now?)
can be (and should be if objects can move) computed on the fly.

> 4. name
ok

> 5. the URL for the actual polygon list.
the polygon list should be part of this definition, I think.

>-- End of excerpt from Brian Behlendorf

Kevin