From: r...@gnu.ai.mit.edu (Richard Stallman)
Newsgroups: gnu.gcc.help
Subject: GCC 2.0
Date: 31 Jul 91 16:00:04 GMT
Sender: dae...@cis.ohio-state.edu

GCC 2.0 is nearly ready for us to release--in that the changes
remaining are small compared to what has been done.

However, looked at on an absolute scale, the changes still needed are
large enough that it's impossible to say just when the first beta test
will be.

There will be an announcement on info-gcc (aka gnu.gcc.announce)
when GCC 2.0 is ready for the general public to test it.

I believe GCC 2.0 supports debugging output for the MIPS, but I'm not
quite certain.