From: drew.wr...@sun.com (Drew Wrenn)
Newsgroups: comp.unix.solaris,alt.solaris.x86,comp.sys.sun.admin,comp.sys.sun.apps
Subject: Sun Continues to Offer Free Solaris and Foundation Source Downloads
Date: 29 Jun 2001 11:31:34 -0700

Some of you may have heard or read that Sun was ending the Solaris
download program.  This was based on a widely-circulated
misinterpretation of an announcement we made about ending the Solaris
8 Foundation SOURCE program.  Solaris binary downloads and licenses
continue to be available at no charge through the Free Solaris Binary
License Program (http://www.sun.com/solaris/binaries).

It seemed to us that we had satisfied those who were interested in the
Foundation Source program, and we wanted to put our resources towards
activities of more interest to our customers.  But based on your
feedback, we are happy to continue to offer access to the Solaris 8
Foundation Source.  Nothing is being discontinued or taken off the
table.  We appreciate your interest in the source program, and
encourage you to visit http://www.sun.com/solaris/source for more
information.