From: gmal...@unpcs1.cs.unp.ac.za (Gavin Maltby)
Newsgroups: comp.text.tex
Subject: Introductory LaTeX notes: coming up
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1992 18:08:07 GMT

Greetings,

In a recent follow-up article I mentioned some course notes on
LaTeX that I had prepared.  I've received a few requests for those
notes, and some suggestions that I post them here.  Since they were
written in rather a rush, and proof-read very hurriedly, they are
not quite error-free yet.  They were suitable for the course, but
I'd like to make some corrections before I distribute them more
widely.  Those shouldn't take long (they weren't exactly riddled
with errors) and I'll post them then.

The course was to teach people LaTeX with a view to them
continuing to AmSLaTeX (to use the amsart style).  For this reason,
the notes are written in AmSLaTeX (ie, \documentstyle[amstex]{report}).
Those without AmSLaTeX will have to get it first.

Until then

Gavin