From: wi...@secs.ucsc.edu
Newsgroups: comp.text.tex
Subject: The new font selection scheme
Date: 17 Jul 91 14:13:09 GMT
Sender: use...@darkstar.ucsc.edu

I have the current version of EmTeX from msdos.archive.umich.edu
running with Times-Roman virtual fonts derived from metrics off stanford
system.  Something seems to be wrong however with accents, e.g., accute
e prints without the accute accent on the Apple LaserWriter.  Suggestions?

I have been hearing about "the new font selection scheme", but came in
at the tail end.  What is it and what are its advantages.  I presume
what I have is the "old scheme".  Where is the "new" scheme described
and where does one obtain it?

[when you flip channels you miss the beginning!]