From: a...@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum)
Newsgroups: comp.os.minix
Subject: Notes on MINIX 1.2
Date: Wed, 1-Jul-87 07:51:35 EDT

A few days ago I posted the diffs to the commands directory so that
everyone can upgrade to MINIX 1.2 themselves.  In the next 3 messages
I will post the kernel, fs, and mm changes.  I will post the entire
files even though they are long.  Human nature being what it is, people
are more likely to install them if it is less work, and I would like to
get everyone over to the 1.2 kernel so that future changes people post will be
changes from 1.2, rather than from 1.1.  Things are complicated enough
as is without having two different base systems.

Please post bug reports etc to the news group.  One bug that I already
know about is with the capslock in tty.c.  If you hit capslock, you
can't type the characters that are "upper case numbers" like % and $.
If someone will look at that and fix it, it would be appreciated.

I am going to be away for 3 weeks starting 2 July, so don't expect
answers to mail.

Andy Tanenbaum (a...@cs.vu.nl)