Newsgroups: fa.linux.kernel
From: "Guillaume Boissiere" <boissi...@mediaone.net>
To: linux-ker...@vger.kernel.org
Subject: [STATUS 2.5]  January 17, 2001
Sender: linux-kernel-ow...@vger.kernel.org
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 07:15:36 GMT

I've seen several times on this list people wondering what features
were in the works for 2.5 and what the status of the development was.
I did some grepping on the archive and put together a list of things
that have been discussed / worked on for 2.5 over the past year or so.

It's probably pretty incomplete and full of errors at this point but
I'll be happy to update it if you send me email.

o Merged   New scheduler for improved scalability       (Ingo Molnar)
o Merged   Rewrite of the block IO (bio) layer          (Jens Axboe)
o Merged   New kernel device structure (kdev_t)         (Linus Torvalds)
o Merged   Initial support for USB 2.0                  (Greg KH, others)
o Ready    Add User-Mode Linux (UML)                    (Jeff Dike)
o Ready    Add ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture) (ALSA team)
o Ready    IDE layer update                             (Andre Hedrick)
o <1 month New kernel build system (kbuild 2.5)         (Keith Owens)
o <1 month New kernel config system: CML2               (Eric Raymond)
o Beta     New driver API for Wireless Extensions       (Jean Tourrilhes)
o Beta     New IO scheduler                             (Jens Axboe)
o Beta     Add JFS (Journaling FileSystem from SGI)     (JFS team)
o Beta     New VM with reverse mappings                 (Rik van Riel)
o Beta     Add preempt kernel option                    (Robert Love)
o Beta     Add resheduling points to remove latency     (Andrew Morton)
o Beta     Build option for Linux Trace Toolkit (LTT)   (Karim Yaghmour)
o Beta     Better event logging for enterprise systems  (evlog team)
o Ongoing  Better support of high-end NUMA machines     (NUMA team)
o Alpha    Add Asynchronous IO (aio) support            (Ben LaHaise)
o Alpha    Integrate EVMS into kernel                   (EVMS team)
o Started  Rewrite of the framebuffer layer             (James Simmons)
o Started  New driver model & unified device tree       (Patrick Mochel)
o Started  Rewrite of the console layer                 (James Simmons)
o Started  More complete NetBEUI and 802.2 net stacks   (Alnaldo C de M)
o Draft #2 New lightweight library (klibc)              (Greg KH)
o Draft #3 Replace initrd by initramfs                  (hpa, Al Viro)
o Planning Change all drivers to new driver model       (All maintainers)
o Planning Add thrashing control                        (Rik van Riel)
o Planning Remove all hardwired drivers from kernel     (Alan Cox, etc)
o Planning Porting all input devices over to input API  (James Simmons)
o Planning generic parameter/command line interface     (Keith Owens)

I hope this is helpful. Enjoy!

-- gb

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 02:13:11AM -0500, Guillaume Boissiere wrote:
> I've seen several times on this list people wondering what features
> were in the works for 2.5 and what the status of the development was.
> I did some grepping on the archive and put together a list of things
> that have been discussed / worked on for 2.5 over the past year or so.

You missed the serial.c restructure.

--
Russell King (r...@arm.linux.org.uk)                The developer of ARM Linux

-

On Thursday, 17 January 2002, at 02:13:11 -0500,
Guillaume Boissiere wrote:

> I've seen several times on this list people wondering what features
> were in the works for 2.5 and what the status of the development was.
> I did some grepping on the archive and put together a list of things
> that have been discussed / worked on for 2.5 over the past year or so.

Great !!!. I think this "todo list" was much needed. Let me suggest a
couple of things that should find their way into 2.5.x sometime in the
futute, and that I consider important:
. Generic (VFS layer?) ACL implementation: it seems under heavy
  develpment by some groups, and could be something quite interesting to
  have for 2.6.x
. Linux Security Module (LSM)
. LVM 2: it seems LVM developers are about to release a first version of
  the new (version 2.0) LVM (Logical Volume Management) implementation
  for Linux. Seems to solve the problems current code base has.
. devfs 2: new implementation of Richard Gooch's devfs for Linux. devfs
  is a "must have" for some people, and this new code seems to solve
  everything that people complained about. AFAIR, Richard has submitted
  several "cuts" of the new code.

There are other interesting things I don't follow as closely, and that
could be available when 2.5.x is still under development, maybe not.
. reiserfs 4 (later this year): maybe too late for inclusion.
. USAGI IPv6 implementation for Linux: maybe not ready for prime time.
. NFS v4: have read about it, but don't remember about deadlines.
. IPsec in kernel (FreeS/WAN): the neverending story :)

That is what I think are the most important things that _could_ be part
of future 2.6.0, should maintainers consider it as a good idea. Please,
this is only informative, not trying to "sell" you nothing.

Good work !

--
José Luis Domingo López
Linux Registered User #189436     Debian Linux Woody (P166 64 MB RAM)

jdomingo AT internautas DOT   org  => Spam at your own risk

-

Newsgroups: fa.linux.kernel
From: Hans Reiser <rei...@namesys.com>
To: Jose Luis Domingo Lopez <jdomi...@internautas.org>
CC: Guillaume Boissiere <boissi...@mediaone.net>, linux-ker...@vger.kernel.org
Sender: linux-kernel-ow...@vger.kernel.org
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 22:29:57 GMT

Jose Luis Domingo Lopez wrote:

>. reiserfs 4 (later this year): maybe too late for inclusion.
>.

Have you heard anything about when Linus intends to code freeze?  In my
planning I am assuming Sept. 30 is way earlier than 2.6 would ship.  I
remember how long 2.4 took, and I simply assume 2.6 will be the same.
 At any rate, there is no way we'll be done earlier than September: it
is a deep rewrite.  Code looks so much better than the old code...., but
it is completely new code.

Hans

-

Newsgroups: fa.linux.kernel
To: rei...@namesys.com (Hans Reiser)
Cc: jdomi...@internautas.org (Jose Luis Domingo Lopez),
        boissi...@mediaone.net (Guillaume Boissiere),
        linux-ker...@vger.kernel.org
From: Alan Cox <a...@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Sender: linux-kernel-ow...@vger.kernel.org
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 01:23:58 GMT

> Have you heard anything about when Linus intends to code freeze?  In my
> planning I am assuming Sept. 30 is way earlier than 2.6 would ship.  I
> remember how long 2.4 took, and I simply assume 2.6 will be the same.
>  At any rate, there is no way we'll be done earlier than September: it
> is a deep rewrite.  Code looks so much better than the old code...., but
> it is completely new code.

If Linus says september freezes in september and ships for christmas I will
be most suprised. If he says september freezes the may after and ships the
december after that I'd count it normal

Personally I'd really like to see the block I/O stuff straightened out. The
neccessary VM bits done, device driver updates and a September freeze. I
think it can be done, and I think the resulting kernel will be way way
better for people with 1Gb+ of RAM, so much better that its worth making a
clear release at that point.

Alan
-

From: "Guillaume Boissiere" <boissi...@mediaone.net>
Newsgroups: lucky.linux.kernel
Subject: [STATUS 2.5]  January 18, 2002
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 06:38:02 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: n...@horse.lucky.net

Here is a new and improved list, thanks to all the great feedback I have
received from dozens of people.  Again, if there are any inaccuracies,
please let me know and I will do my best to correct it for next week.

For everyone's enjoyment, I have also put an online version, (with
hyperlinks, yeah!) at:
http://people.ne.mediaone.net/boissiere/Status-18-Jan-2002.html

Items in bold are new since last time.  Also, to avoid having the list
become too big over time, I have decided that I will only accept items
that can be expected to be merged within the next 6 months (i.e. the
end of June).

Enjoy!

-- Guillaume

Kernel 2.5 status  -  January 18th, 2002

Features:

o Merged     New scheduler for improved scalability        (Ingo Molnar, Davide Libenzi)
o Merged     Rewrite of the block IO (bio) layer           (Jens Axboe)
o Merged     New kernel device structure (kdev_t)          (Linus Torvalds, etc)
o Merged     Initial support for USB 2.0                   (David Brownell, Greg Kroah-Hartman, others)
* Pending    IDE layer update                              (Andre Hedrick)
* Pending    Finalize new device naming convention         (Linus Torvalds)
o Ready      Add User-Mode Linux (UML)                     (Jeff Dike)
* Ready      HDLC (High-level Data Link Control) update    (Krzysztof Halasa)
o Ready      Add ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture)  (ALSA team)
o <1 month   New kernel build system (kbuild 2.5)          (Keith Owens)
o <1 month   New kernel config system: CML2                (Eric Raymond)
* Beta       Add support for CPU clock/voltage scaling     (Erik Mouw, Dave Jones, Russell King, Arjan van de Ven)
* Beta       Serial driver restructure                     (Russell King)
o Beta       New driver API for Wireless Extensions        (Jean Tourrilhes)
o Beta       New IO scheduler                              (Jens Axboe)
* Beta       NAPI Network interrupt mitigation             (Jamal Hadi Salim, Robert Olsson, Alexey Kuznetsov)
o Beta       Add JFS (Journaling FileSystem from IBM)      (JFS team)
* Beta       Add XFS (A journaling filesystem from SGI)    (XFS team)
o Beta       New VM with reverse mappings                  (Rik van Riel)
o Beta       Add preempt kernel option                     (Robert Love)
o Beta       Add resheduling points to remove latency      (Andrew Morton)
o Beta       Build option for Linux Trace Toolkit (LTT)    (Karim Yaghmour)
o Beta       Better event logging for enterprise systems   (evlog team)
o Ongoing    Better support of high-end NUMA machines      (NUMA team)
o Alpha      Add Asynchronous IO (aio) support             (Ben LaHaise)
o Alpha      Integrate EVMS into kernel                    (EVMS team)
* Alpha      Overhaul PCMCIA support                       (David Woodhouse, David Hinds)
* Alpha      Replace old NTFS driver with NTFS TNG driver  (Anton Altaparmakov)
o Started    Rewrite of the framebuffer layer              (James Simmons)
o Started    New driver model & unified device tree        (Patrick Mochel)
o Started    Rewrite of the console layer                  (James Simmons)
o Started    More complete NetBEUI and 802.2 net stacks    (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
o Draft #2   New lightweight library (klibc)               (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
o Draft #3   Replace initrd by initramfs                   (H. Peter Anvin, Al Viro)
o Planning   Change all drivers to new driver model        (All maintainers)
o Planning   Add thrashing control                         (Rik van Riel)
o Planning   Remove all hardwired drivers from kernel      (Alan Cox, etc)
o Planning   Porting all input devices over to input API   (James Simmons)
o Planning   Generic parameter/command line interface      (Keith Owens)

Cleanups:

* Ready      Per network protocol slabcache & sock.h       (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
* Beta       file.h and INIT_TASK                          (Benjamin LaHaise)
* Started    Per filesystem slabcache & fs.h               (Daniel Phillips, Jeff Garzik)

-

Newsgroups: fa.linux.kernel
From: Russell King <r...@arm.linux.org.uk>
To: h...@pro-linux.de
Cc: linux-ker...@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [STATUS 2.5]  January 18, 2002
Sender: linux-kernel-ow...@vger.kernel.org
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 10:01:46 GMT

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 08:53:27AM +0100, h...@pro-linux.de wrote:
> >For everyone's enjoyment, I have also put an online version, (with
> >hyperlinks, yeah!) at:
> >http://people.ne.mediaone.net/boissiere/Status-18-Jan-2002.html
>
> Nice, but could you give it a permanent URL, like latest.html or index.html?

Also it might be a good idea to add the kernel version it refers to at
the top.

From: Alan Cox <a...@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Newsgroups: lucky.linux.kernel
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 10:10:30 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: n...@horse.lucky.net

You seem to be short

NetBEUI network stack			Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo (from
					Procom donated code)
-

From: "Guillaume Boissiere" <boissi...@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 07:30:14 +0100
Subject: [STATUS 2.5]  January 23, 2002
Sender: robo...@news.nic.it
Newsgroups: linux.kernel

Lots of new things this week.  First, a new URL that (yes!) people can
bookmark:

http://www.kernelnewbies.org/status/status.html

Many thanks to John Levon, Rik van Riel and the folks at kernelnewbies.org
for providing the hosting!  You guys rock.

Also, lots of new features (in bold) have been added this week.  Hopefully,
most of the *truly* important stuff should be in the list now, maybe except
a few things (nfs4? scsi?).  Otherwise, if more features get added than
merged any given week, 2.5 is going to be long in the coming  :-)

Finally, I have to admit the amount of feedback I have received has been
incredible and has helped improve this list dramatically, so big thanks
to everyone who has sent me pointers, keep doing it.  My main concern right
now is to keep this status list to a reasonnable size, otherwise it will
become unmanageable. My plan is pretty simple, I will only accept:

1. A major feature, i.e. *lots* of people are anxious to get this in the
   2.5 tree because they will use it (i.e kbuild or NAPI)
OR
2. A feature/cleanup that touches critical parts of the kernel and
   requires lots of people to know about it because they will be affected
   --> i.e. good communication of status is important (i.e some of the
       VFS work).

In short, don't bother sending me driver updates...
And as usual, let me know of any inaccuracies, and I'll be happy to
correct them.

Cheers,

-- Guillaume

Kernel 2.5 status  -  January 23th, 2002
(Latest kernel release is 2.5.3-pre3)

Features:

o Merged     New scheduler for improved scalability          (Ingo Molnar, Davide Libenzi)
o Merged     Rewrite of the block IO (bio) layer             (Jens Axboe)
o Merged     New kernel device structure (kdev_t)            (Linus Torvalds, etc)
o Merged     Initial support for USB 2.0                     (David Brownell, Greg Kroah-Hartman, others)
* Merged     Per-process namespaces, late-boot cleanups      (Al Viro, Manfred Spraul)
o Merged     IDE layer update                                (Andre Hedrick)
o Merged     New driver API for Wireless Extensions (1/2)    (Jean Tourrilhes)

o Pending    Finalize new device naming convention           (Linus Torvalds)
o in -dj     Porting all input devices over to input API     (Vojtech Pavlik, James Simmons)

o Ready      Add User-Mode Linux (UML)                       (Jeff Dike)
o Ready      HDLC (High-level Data Link Control) update      (Krzysztof Halasa)
o Ready      Add ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture)    (ALSA team)
* Ready      Support reiserfs external journal               (Reiserfs team)
* Ready      Add hardware sensors drivers                    (lm_sensors team)
o Ready      Add preempt kernel option                       (Robert Love)

o <1 month   New kernel build system (kbuild 2.5)            (Keith Owens)
o <1 month   New kernel config system: CML2                  (Eric Raymond)

o Beta       Add support for CPU clock/voltage scaling       (Erik Mouw, Dave Jones, Russell King, Arjan van de Ven)
o Beta       Serial driver restructure                       (Russell King)
o Beta       New IO scheduler                                (Jens Axboe)
o Beta       NAPI Network interrupt mitigation               (Jamal Hadi Salim, Robert Olsson, Alexey Kuznetsov)
o Beta       Add JFS (Journaling FileSystem from IBM)        (JFS team)
o Beta       Add XFS (A journaling filesystem from SGI)      (XFS team)
o Beta       New VM with reverse mappings                    (Rik van Riel)
o Beta       Add resheduling points to remove latency        (Andrew Morton)
o Beta       Build option for Linux Trace Toolkit (LTT)      (Karim Yaghmour)
o Beta       Better event logging for enterprise systems     (evlog team)
* Beta       Add Linux Security Module (LSM)                 (LSM team)
* Beta       Generic ACL (Access Control List) support       (Nathan Scott)
* Beta       Hotplug CPU support                             (Rusty Russell)
* Beta       Per-mountpoint read-only, union-mounts, unionfs (Al Viro)

o Alpha      Better support of high-end NUMA machines        (NUMA team)
o Alpha      Add Asynchronous IO (aio) support               (Ben LaHaise)
o Alpha      EVMS (Enterprise Volume Management System)      (EVMS team)
o Alpha      Overhaul PCMCIA support                         (David Woodhouse, David Hinds)
o Alpha      Replace old NTFS driver with NTFS TNG driver    (Anton Altaparmakov)
o Alpha      More complete IEEE 802.2 stack                  (Arnaldo, Jay Schullist, from Procom donated code)
* Alpha      LVM (Logical Volume Manager) v2.0               (Heintz Mauelshagen, Andreas Dilger, LVM team)
* Alpha      Read-Copy Update Mutual Exclusion               (Dipankar Sarma, Rusty Russell, LSE Team)
* Alpha      Full compliance with IPv6                       (Alexey Kuznetzov, Jun Murai, Yoshifuji Hideaki, USAGI team)
* Alpha      Linux booting ELF images                        (Eric Biederman)
* Alpha      First pass at LinuxBIOS support                 (Eric Biederman)
* Alpha      UMSDOS Rewrite                                  (Al Viro)

o Started    Rewrite of the framebuffer layer                (James Simmons)
o Started    New driver model & unified device tree          (Patrick Mochel)
o Started    Rewrite of the console layer                    (James Simmons)
o Started    More complete NetBEUI stack                     (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo, from Procom donated code)

o Draft #2   New lightweight library (klibc)                 (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
o Draft #3   Replace initrd by initramfs                     (H. Peter Anvin, Al Viro)
o Planning   Change all drivers to new driver model          (All maintainers)
o Planning   Add thrashing control                           (Rik van Riel)
o Planning   Remove all hardwired drivers from kernel        (Alan Cox, etc)
o Planning   Generic parameter/command line interface        (Keith Owens)
* Planning   Remove use of the BKL (Big Kernel Lock)         (Alan Cox, Robert Love, Neil Brown, others)
* Planning   New mount API                                   (Al Viro)

Cleanups:

o Ready      Per network protocol slabcache & sock.h         (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
* Ready      Switch to ->get_super() for file_system_type    (Al Viro)
* Ready      ->getattr() ->setattr() ->permission() changes  (Al Viro)

o Beta       file.h and INIT_TASK                            (Benjamin LaHaise)
* Beta       Remove dcache_lock                              (Maneesh Soni, IBM team)
* Beta       Proper UFS fixes, ext2 and locking cleanups     (Al Viro)
* Beta       Lifting limitations on mount(2)                 (Al Viro)

o Started    Per filesystem slabcache & fs.h                 (Daniel Phillips, Jeff Garzik)
* Started    Killing kdev_t for block devices                (Al Viro)

Have some free time and want to help?  Check out the Kernel Janitor TO DO list for a list of source code
cleanups you can work on.  A great place to start learning more about kernel internals!

-

From: "Guillaume Boissiere" <boissi...@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 06:40:11 +0100
Subject: [STATUS 2.5]  January 30, 2002
Sender: robo...@news.nic.it
Newsgroups: linux.kernel

The latest list is available at:  http://kernelnewbies.org/status/
Items in bold are changes since last week.

The big thing in the past week is the work done on driverfs by
Patrick Mochel, which started to appear in 2.5
If you are a driver maintainer, you may want to look at this :-)

As usual, let me know of any inaccuracies, and I'll be happy to
correct them.
Enjoy!

-- Guillaume

Kernel 2.5 status  -  January 30th, 2002
(Latest kernel release is 2.5.3pre6)

Features:

o Merged     New scheduler for improved scalability          (Ingo Molnar, Davide Libenzi)
o Merged     Rewrite of the block IO (bio) layer             (Jens Axboe)
o Merged     New kernel device structure (kdev_t)            (Linus Torvalds, etc.)
o Merged     Initial support for USB 2.0                     (David Brownell, Greg Kroah-Hartman, etc.)
o Merged     Per-process namespaces, late-boot cleanups      (Al Viro, Manfred Spraul)
o Merged     IDE layer update                                (Andre Hedrick)
o Merged     New driver API for Wireless Extensions (1/2)    (Jean Tourrilhes)

o Pending    Finalize new device naming convention           (Linus Torvalds)
o Pending    New driver model & unified device tree          (Patrick Mochel)
o in -dj     Porting all input devices over to input API     (Vojtech Pavlik, James Simmons)

o Ready      Add User-Mode Linux (UML)                       (Jeff Dike)
o Ready      HDLC (High-level Data Link Control) update      (Krzysztof Halasa)
o Ready      Add ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture)    (ALSA team)
o Ready      Support reiserfs external journal               (Reiserfs team)
o Ready      Add hardware sensors drivers                    (lm_sensors team)
o Ready      Add preempt kernel option                       (Robert Love)
o Ready      Generic ACL (Access Control List) support       (Nathan Scott)

[...]

o Beta       Add Linux Security Module (LSM)                 (LSM team)
o Beta       Hotplug CPU support                             (Rusty Russell)
o Beta       Per-mountpoint read-only, union-mounts, unionfs (Al Viro)
o Beta       EVMS (Enterprise Volume Management System)      (EVMS team)

o Alpha      Better support of high-end NUMA machines        (NUMA team)
o Alpha      Add Asynchronous IO (aio) support               (Ben LaHaise)
o Alpha      Overhaul PCMCIA support                         (David Woodhouse, David Hinds)
o Alpha      Replace old NTFS driver with NTFS TNG driver    (Anton Altaparmakov)
o Alpha      More complete IEEE 802.2 stack                  (Arnaldo, Jay Schullist, from Procom donated code)
o Alpha      LVM (Logical Volume Manager) v2.0               (Heintz Mauelshagen, Andreas Dilger, LVM team)
o Alpha      Read-Copy Update Mutual Exclusion               (Dipankar Sarma, Rusty Russell, LSE Team)
o Alpha      Full compliance with IPv6                       (Alexey Kuznetzov, Jun Murai, Yoshifuji Hideaki, USAGI team)
o Alpha      Linux booting ELF images                        (Eric Biederman)
o Alpha      First pass at LinuxBIOS support                 (Eric Biederman)
o Alpha      UMSDOS (Unix under MS-DOS) Rewrite              (Al Viro)
* Alpha      Scalable CPU bitmaps                            (Russ Weight)

o Started    Rewrite of the framebuffer layer                (James Simmons)
o Started    Rewrite of the console layer                    (James Simmons)
o Started    More complete NetBEUI stack                     (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo, from Procom donated code)
o Started    Remove use of the BKL (Big Kernel Lock)         (Alan Cox, Robert Love, Neil Brown, etc.)
o Started    Change all drivers to new driver model          (All maintainers)
* Started    Reiserfs v4                                     (Reiserfs team)
* Started    Move ISDN4Linux to CAPI based interface         (ISDN4Linux team)

o Draft #2   New lightweight library (klibc)                 (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
o Draft #3   Replace initrd by initramfs                     (H. Peter Anvin, Al Viro)
o Planning   Add thrashing control                           (Rik van Riel)
o Planning   Remove all hardwired drivers from kernel        (Alan Cox, etc.)
o Planning   Generic parameter/command line interface        (Keith Owens)
o Planning   New mount API                                   (Al Viro)
* Planning   New MTRR (Memory Type Range Register) driver    (Dave Jones)

Cleanups:

* Merged     Break Configure.help into multiple files        (Linus Torvalds)

o Ready      Per network protocol slabcache & sock.h         (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
o Ready      Switch to ->get_super() for file_system_type    (Al Viro)
o Ready      ->getattr() ->setattr() ->permission() changes  (Al Viro)

o Beta       file.h and INIT_TASK                            (Benjamin LaHaise)
o Beta       Remove dcache_lock                              (Maneesh Soni, IBM team)
o Beta       Proper UFS fixes, ext2 and locking cleanups     (Al Viro)
o Beta       Lifting limitations on mount(2)                 (Al Viro)

o Started    Per filesystem slabcache & fs.h                 (Daniel Phillips, Jeff Garzik)
o Started    Killing kdev_t for block devices                (Al Viro)
* Started    Split up x86 setup.c into managable pieces      (Dave Jones, Randy Dunlap)
* Started    Reorder x86 initialization		                  (Dave Jones, Randy Dunlap)

Newsgroups: fa.linux.kernel
From: Dipankar Sarma <dipan...@in.ibm.com>
To: boissi...@mediaone.net
Cc: linux-ker...@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [STATUS 2.5]  January 30, 2002
Sender: linux-kernel-ow...@vger.kernel.org
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:27:35 GMT

Hi Guillaume,

Another work in progress in our group - Scalable statistics counters
by Ravikiran Thirumalai.

Here is the lkml discussion -

We are working on the suggestions regarding /proc integration.

Thanks
Dipankar
--
Dipankar Sarma  <dipan...@in.ibm.com> http://lse.sourceforge.net
Linux Technology Center, IBM Software Lab, Bangalore, India.

-

From: Hans Reiser <rei...@namesys.com>
Newsgroups: lucky.linux.kernel
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:31:43 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: n...@horse.lucky.net

Thanks for including Reiser4 mention, can you cite it as
www.namesys.com/v4/v4.html?

-