Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce
From: bh@digital.net (Brian Hartsfield)
Subject: Commercial: Various Linux services available
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 1994 19:50:30 GMT

What follows is a brief list of Linux related services that we have
available.   If you would like more information on one of these or if you would
like to inquire about a service not listed, send e-mail to bh@digital.net or
mail to   Brian Hartsfield
          6386 Cable Av.
          Cocoa, FL 32927
or call   407-633-4638 and ask for Brian.

COPIES OF DISTRIBUTIONS : We provide copies of the latest slackware
distribution (currently 2.0.2).  We can provide this on 3.5" disks, 5.25"
disks, 1/4" tape (QIC-150 format), or DAT tape (4mm - 90m).  E-mail for
prices.  Why spend valuable time downloading the whole slackware set.  Save
time and order it on disk or tape.  If you order more then $50 worth and would
like some programs (like a relational database or the netbios network protocol
or the MS-DOS emulator) that are not part of the slackware distribution, we will
try to find them for you.  If such a program exists, we will include it with
your order (at the normal per-disk charge).  If you ask for a program that does
not exist in the public domain, we will let you know that and there will be no
charge for us looking for it.

PRE-INSTALLED TAPES:  If you have a certain configuration you need your system
to come up under (for example, if you are on a network and don't want to or
don't know how to set it up), if you send us the information on how you want
the system installed, we will install those packages you need and put it on
a tape for you.  All you do when you get the package is boot the boot disk and
run one command and your system will be up and running ( in the example above,
you would be right on the network and ready to go).  Prices vary with type of
installation.

PRE-INSTALLED HARD DRIVE: Save as above for the tape, but it is all installed on
a bootable hard drive ready to go.

LINUX CONSULTING: If you need kernel mods made, some custom menus written, or
just about any other kind of Linux work done, we can handle the job for you.
We can also help in the event of system trouble and help you get your system
back up and running.
Prices vary with type of job, but run around $40/hour.

SUPPORT CONTRACT: Do you have a linux machine that needs to stay running?  That
you cannot do without?  If you do, sign up for a support contract.  For a fixed
amount each month, you get e-mail and phone  maintance support for your Linux
machine.  Any problems reported will be looked at withing 24 hours of report.
In addition to maintance, we will also keep track of any new vesions of
software that is on your machine and we will inform you when there are updates.
If you want the updates installed on your machine, just let us know and we will
install them for you.

If you would like more information about these or any other Linux services,
contact us at bh@ddi.digital.net (or via postal service at the address listed
at the top of this article).

--
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: linux-announce@tc.cornell.edu
Be sure to include Keywords: and a short description of your software.