From owner-linux-activists@joker.cs.hut.fi Fri Nov 20 02:27:45 1992
Sender: owner-linux-activists@joker.cs.hut.fi
From: Bob Headrick < bobh@hpcupt1.cup.hp.com>
To: linux-activists@joker.cs.hut.fi
Subject: MSDOS .EXE files under Linux?
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1992 19:11:38 +0900

I have been using Linux for some time and am almost 'converted'.  There
are still a few DOS programs that I need to run on occasion.  I have
tried the dos emulator stuff, but it will only run .COM files as far as
I know.

Is there a way to run .EXE files?  If not, is there any work in this
area?  Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Bob Headrick
bobh@cup.hp.com

> tried the dos emulator stuff, but it will only run .COM files as far as
> I know.
> Is there a way to run .EXE files?  If not, is there any work in this
> area?  Thanks in advance for any pointers.

It will run .EXE files, but not from the /usr/dos (D:) pseudo-phantom
thingy partition.  That is, the drive you mount with the program on his
c: disk isn't yet ready to hold .EXE files.
If you want to run .EXE files, copy them to the floppy drive or to
the C: disk (I think they run from there).

Does anyone know how to create a larger c: disk (the file-based disk)?

Robert
gt8134b@prism.gatech.edu