Newsgroups: fa.linux.kernel
From: Christoph Hellwig <h...@caldera.de>
To: l...@bitmover.com, h...@kernel.org
Cc: linux-ker...@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Linux 2.4 bitkeeper repository
Sender: linux-kernel-ow...@vger.kernel.org
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 15:08:44 GMT

Hi Larry & Peter,

the Linux 2.4 repository at linux.bkbbits.net is orphaned short after
it got created.  Ist there any chance we could see continguous checkins
for it?

I think it might be a good idea to get it automatically checked in once
Marcelo uploads a new (pre-) patch as part of the kernel.org
notification procedure (is this possible, Peter?).

If there is no way to automate it I would volunteer to do the checkins,
but for that I'd need write permissions to the repository.

	Christoph

-

> it got created.  Ist there any chance we could see continguous checkins
> for it?
>
> I think it might be a good idea to get it automatically checked in once
> Marcelo uploads a new (pre-) patch as part of the kernel.org
> notification procedure (is this possible, Peter?).

Stuff will start showing up on kernel.org presumeably when BitMover
works out how to do proper locking on a repository without giving
'other' and 'group' write permission.

I presume one can pretty easily set up a cron to do that... but I wonder
if it is ok with Marcelo?  If Marcelo has plans for that repository, we
ought not touch it probably.

In general, though, agreed :)

> If there is no way to automate it I would volunteer to do the checkins,
> but for that I'd need write permissions to the repository.

As a temporary measure people can pull from
	http://gkernel.bkbits.net/marcelo-2.4

which is always up-to-date with the latest Marcelo pre-patch, and
contains nothing else.

	Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik      | "UNIX enhancements aren't."
Building 1024    |           -- says /usr/games/fortune