From: Mike Jagdis <ja...@purplet.demon.co.uk>
Subject: RELEASE: ibcs-2.1-981031.tar.gz & ibcs-2.0-981031.tar.gz
Date: 1998/10/31
Sender: owner-linux-ib...@vger.rutgers.edu
To: linux-ib...@vger.rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: fa.linux.ibcs2

It's Halloween, I've made the required blood offerings, cast
the hex, and it seems to be time for a release...

  ibcs-2.1-981031 is now capable of actually installing and
running the SCO version of Informix Dynamic Server (specifically
7.20.UD5). (The problem that was stopping Sybase should be
fixed too, Andre). This includes significant changes to the
TLI networking that should benefit anything that does listens
on TLI descriptors. Note that the replacement libnsl_s in the
ibcs directory does not provide all the functionality for
listeners. You probably want to use a "real" libnsl_s if possible.

  ibcs-2.0-981031 has all the stuff that was done in 2.1 back
ported to it so 2.0 and 2.1 kernels should be on equal ground
again (kernel differences aside). Since I am concentrating on
2.1 kernels at the moment (in the hope of a 2.2 release
someday) this is not so well tested as ibcs-2.1. Rest assured
that I do not intend to abandon 2.0 compatibility until *well*
into the 2.2/2.3 cycle at the very least...

				Mike

P.S. Oh yeah, if anyone has forgotten (as if!) the official
ftp site for iBCS is ftp://tsx-11.mit.edu/pub/linux/BETA/ibcs2/.

| Mike Jagdis                   | Internet: ja...@purplet.demon.co.uk  |
| 280, Silverdale Road, Earley, | Voice:    +44 118 926 6996           |
| Reading RG6 7NU ENGLAND       | Work:     +44 118 989 0403           |