From: Jim Kingdon < kingdon@panix7.panix.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce
Subject: CVS 1.10 Released - version control system
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 10:03:18 GMT

New version includes bug-fixes and does not rely on external RCS programs

Cyclic Software announces the release of CVS 1.10.  Programmers and
web authors who version-control their files with CVS can gain the
benefit of the most bug-free and easy to install CVS release to date.
CVS 1.10 is now available for free Internet download, with
availability on CD-ROM to follow.

A few of the differences between CVS 1.9 and 1.10 are:

* Easier installation. CVS no longer requires
  external diff, patch, or RCS programs.
* A number of CVS operations are faster.
* All of the most commonly reported bugs in CVS 1.9
  are fixed, as well as many less-known bugs.
* Security fixes and features.
* Miscellaneous new features - see the NEWS file in
  the CVS source distribution for details.

CVS 1.10 is now available for internet download (see
http://www.cyclic.com/ for details on how to get it).  Cyclic expects
to be soon selling a CD-ROM containing CVS 1.10; we will make a
separate announcement once we are shipping the CD-ROM product.

Cyclic Software sells support for CVS, a cross-platform, easy to
administer client/server configuration management system. For more
information on Cyclic and CVS, see our web page at
http://www.cyclic.com.

- --
http://www.iki.fi/mjr/cola-public-key.asc has PGP key for validating signature.
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: linux-announce@news.ornl.gov