From: David Grothe <d...@gcom.com>
Subject: UW1.1 Installation problem
Date: 1998/04/29
Newsgroups: comp.unix.unixware.misc

I have re-installed UW1.1 Application Server on one of my machines, including
all the SDK stuff.  Problem is, no "inet" package.  When I do pkgadd -d
diskette1 with the disk inserted with label "Application 1.1 Network Install
Diskette 1 of 1, 21001012, Rev. A", I get the following:

UX:pkgadd: ERROR: no packages were found on diskette in <diskette1>

I have the corrsponding disk from a Personal Edition 1.1 also but I get the same
message when I try to install from it as well.

Is this not a pkgadd type of disk?  What do I need to do to get inet (TCP/IP)
services installed?  I chose "automatic" when I installed A.S. from CDROM, does
this not include TCP/IP?

Thanks,
Dave

I solved my own problem.  For some reason the first time I installed I could not
access the CDROM drive after the system came up the first time.  I reinstalled and
the application installer showd me the uninstalled TCP/IP and NFS packages on the
CDROM.  All downhill from there.

-- Dave