From: David Grothe <d...@gcom.com>
Subject: UW7 DDI8 Driver Problem
Date: 1998/03/20
Newsgroups: comp.unix.unixware.misc

I am trying to get a driver working using UnixWare 7 and the new DDI 8 driver
interface.  My problem is that the kernel never calls my "config" routine.  I
have a small driver that you can download source for via
ftp://ftp.gcom.com/pub/unixware/davedrvr.tar.Z.  It follows the SCO
recommendations as closely as I know how, yet when it is installed its "load"
routine gets called but its "config" routine never gets called.

Until the "config" routine gets called the driver lacks the parameters necessary
to call cm_intr_attach() to attach the IRQ of the PCI board that it will
eventually handle.

Second problem:  If I try to code around this by using older interrupt attach
primitives such as idistributed() from SCO5 I notice that these routines are not
present in the UW7 kernel, even though they are documented in the scohelp online
documentation.

Does anybody have any ideas on this?

Thanks, Dave