From: nel...@crynwr.com
Subject: CVS, Linus, and us
Date: 1996/02/16
sender: owner-linux-ker...@vger.rutgers.edu
x-hdr-sender: nel...@crynwr.com
x-env-sender: owner-linux-kernel-outgo...@vger.rutgers.edu
newsgroups: linux.dev.kernel

Linus has already expressed a grave reluctance to use CVS for his
source tree, both on this list, and in my hearing.  But there's
already multiple people maintaining CVS copies of the kernel source.
Why couldn't one of these people make his/her (well, okay, so it's
always a guy, but I can't write just ``his'' anymore, these days) CVS
tree available over the net?

The netbsd people have a CVS tree for the source of all system files.
I don't know why we can't do the same thing.

-russ <nel...@crynwr.com>    http://www.crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr Software   | Crynwr Software sells packet driver support | PGP ok
11 Grant St.      | +1 315 268 1925 voice | Forbes for President
Potsdam, NY 13676 | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | Dole for Fruit