Re: VRML, the client and the third component

Bill Posner - Knowledge Based Technologies (cody@kbt.com)
Thu, 22 Dec 1994 16:51:49 -0500

I think we can handle this.. .let me know what you need.
We have an alpha that has more cyles than we need...at the moment anyways.
thanks

At 01:03 PM 12/22/94 -0600, Linas Vepstas wrote:
>> From: Jan Hardenbergh <jch@nell.oki.com>
>> To: www-vrml <www-vrml@wired.com>
>> Subject: Re: VRML, the client and the third component
>> Date: Tue, 06 Dec 94 15:35:00 E
>>

>> > Take a dig through the archives;
>>
>> Yes, I looked through the series: Re: VRML MUD's & Interaction
>>
>> > As I recall, we sort of tacitly
>> > decided not to decide this issue quite yet -- first, we're going to
>> > worry about getting the basic viewer technology up and running, then
>> > worry about the harder problems like this...
>>
>> That's fine. But this sort of global picture needs to be kept in the
>> spec/FAQ/...
>
>I'm willing to put together a spec/faq/digest for the interaction,
>animation and mud/moo issues, if someone volunteers to provide a
>URL - home for the resulting document (our IBM types are picky about
>what goes out on their corporate web server).
>
>Also -- a show of hands from everyone please -- let me know if you
>think this would be a waste of time, or is a useful undertaking.
>
>--linas

/ \
/ \ Bill Posner, CBS/CBI
/ KBT \ Senior Project Manager
---------- Knowledge Based Technologies, Inc.
617-828-5600 Fax: 617-828-1911
cody@kbt.com CIS: 71044,2271
home page: http://www.kbt.com/kbthome/staff/bill.html
Its the information highyway, sure, but I sometimes feel I'm
driving a '74 hatchback with bald tires!