DESCSET Change [Was: HTML 2.0: Review Materials Available ]

Daniel W. Connolly (connolly@hal.com)
Mon, 13 Jun 1994 12:18:41 -0500

In message <9406090834.AA10232@isou17.estec.esa.nl>, Gertjan van Oosten writes:

>With the current html.decl, sgmls gives an error message:
>
> sgmls: SGML error at html.decl, line 23 in declaration parameter 36:
> Character number 255 was not described; assuming UNUSED
>
>Should the DESCSET declaration be changed from:
>
> DESCSET 128 32 UNUSED
> 160 95 32

> DESCSET 128 32 UNUSED
> 160 96 32

I don't completely understand the character set declarations in the
SGML declaration, but I made this change and all my tests still
pass. The change will show up next time I update the public copies of
stuff (today or tomorrow, hopefully).

By the way... my version of SGMLs doesn't give that warning.

Are you using some special "give me more warnings" option? Or are
we using different versions of SGMLs?

Mine says:

% sgmls -v
sgmls version 1.1.91