Re: A question/suggestion for HTML 2.0 or 3.0

James Casey (jamesc@harlequin.co.uk)
Thu, 17 Aug 1995 17:14:17 +0100

At 15:59 17/8/95, Michael Mealling wrote:
>I'm sitting here hacking Mosaic code so that it can understand URCs and
>it occurs to me that a very powerful addition to the Anchor tag would
>be a META attribute that specifies meta-information that is not within
>the document itself.

But this has the problem that the author of a document has no control over
the meta information associated with the document. Having meta information
specified in
the HEAD as an associated LINK'ed resource would seem to be the correct
way to do this.

This is not the proper place to put meta-information about a document, but
perhaps
to put meta-information about the link itself ( whatever that might mean ??? )

james.