(no subject)

Dawna Barner (HDE@mail.wsdot.wa.gov)
Tue, 25 Apr 1995 20:27:33 +0500

Brought to you by Yoyodyne Entertainment where the future begins ...
tomorrow. Get on the media hype bandwagon and send mail to OJ@sgp.com
to play the infamous O.J. Pool and win cool prizes.

The Top Ten List is Copyright (C) 1995 Worldwide Pants, Incorporated.
Used with permission.

You may also use the FINGER command to grab today's list from
<barnhart@well.sf.ca.us>. If you prefer to use e-mail, send a
message to infobot@infomania.com with TOPTEN in the SUBJECT line.

TOPTEN is also reflected to the newsgroups alt.fan.letterman.top-ten
and alt.fan.letterman.

To leave the list, mail LISTSERV@LISTSERV.CLARK.NET with the message
SIGNOFF TOPTEN
To join the list, mail same with the message SUBSCRIBE TOPTEN Your Name

I had put a web page for a small-business to market their new board game.
There were approximately 2000 hits in 3 weeks (I think this is good
number of hits).
BUT, not a single user has called to order the game. I'm so
confused/disappointed
as what is happening??? I would like to know the reasons of not ordering
----
1. Is game not interesting???
2. Is price too high???
3. Is Web page not attractive???
tHE vIRTUAL cONSULTANCY
http://iquest.com/~virtual

Subject: Re: searching for people

If you want to find some e-mail address you can send a e-mail to the MIT
mail server. What you have to do is:
1- address the message to mail-server@rtfm.mit.edu

2- in the message put:
send usenet-addresses/name name name

The mail-server of mit will than send you a message whith all the person
how have the "names" in there address and have already mail something to
usenet.
Internet Address: keithr@primenet.com
Personal WWW Page: http://www.primenet.com/~keithr/
Packet Radio Address: KG7EL@KC7Y.AZ.USA.NA
Earthly Address: Mesa, Arizona

**
Call Congress for FREE--join Working Assets Long Distance--Want A Better
World? It's Your Call--for a limited time, new subscribers receive 100
minutes of free long distance calls when they sign-up online; email
cnotes@cloud9.net for details. Check out:
http://cyberzine.org/html/wald/waldpage.html
Sample Dave Stewart's new album, dial 1-800-757-ROCK
**
==============
| For information on AIRWARE (tm), Radio's #1 Showprep Software, send |
| Email to: airware@radio-online.com for an automated response or you |
| can download a demo from my BBS: (804) 227-3348 |
| Via the Internet: |
| |
| Airware (tm) and The PRODUCER (tm) demo can be obtained by FTPing to:|
| |
| wuarchive.wustl.edu /pub/msdos_uploads/demos/ airware.zip |
| |
| Windows Compatible screen saver demo can be obtained by FTPing to: |
| |
| wuarchive.wustl.edu /pub/msdos_uploads/win_demos/ winsaver.zip |

RADIO RIDER is Copyright 1994 by Winning Edge Productions & Software.
Published weekly or more often as information overload warrants!

. Distribution of RADIO RIDER is made possible by RADIO ONLINE. For .
. more information about RADIO ONLINE send E-mail to .
. info@radio-online.com. .

and place this command in the text of your message:
sub RADIO-RIDER (your email address)

To STOP receiving RADIO RIDER, send email to:
listserv@radio-online.com
and place this command in the text of your message:
unsub RADIO-RIDER (your email address)

To receive a directory of back issues send E-Mail to:
FILESERV@radio-online.com
On the first line of the message type:
GET DIR <your E-mail address>

To receive a back issue send E-mail to:
FILESERV@radio-online.com
On the first line of the message type:
GET <filename> <your E-mail address>

One file request per message

Back issues also available on the home BBS of RADIO RIDER, The Winning
Edge BBS, 24-hours, 1200 - 19,200 baud: 804-227-3348

Editor's personal internet address: deitz@richmond.infi.net
Winning Edge Productions & Software, 16012 Daybreak Lane, Beaverdam, VA
23015. VOICE/FAX: 804-227-3390 BBS: 804-227-3348.

Your comments, suggestions and other remarks are welcome!

No money may be charged for distributing this electronic version. It
may NOT be distributed by disk or CD-ROM without written permission from
Corey Deitz.

RADIO RIDER is available by fax. Subscription cost: $80-a-year. Call
804-227-3390.

Aneurin Bosley mentions that she has Michael Strangelove on her site
naked. I wouldn't recommend that. Even the babies in the Macmillan
Offspring section of our site have clothes on!

Jordan Gold
Publisher - Online Services
Macmillan Digital USA
http://www.mcp.com

How Do I Love Thee, Let Me Email The Ways
Here's a great bit for your show, courtesy of the Internet. If you
point your World Wide Web browser to:

http://www.nando.net/toys/cyrano.html

you will encounter CYRANO. Cyrano is a Valentine server which allows
you to instantly create Valentines to send by email. You can select one
of several tones for your Valentine: Steamy, Intellectual, Friendly,
etc. plus you can personalize it. Now, if you just instruct the serve
to mail them BACK to YOU, you will wind up with as many
computer-generated Valentines as you want. This is a great way to come
up with Valentines for famous people or characters on your show. Here
are two examples. The first one I created from Clinton TO Hillary using
the "steamy" mode. The second one I created for someone on my show who
plays a hick character. I used the "friendly" mode on that one. The
computer asks for a couple of words and then does all the work:

Dearest Hillary,

My love, I can imagine myself kissing your Political body and slathering
you with various oils and burger & fries. Your ever-changing hairstyles
are my anchor in the stormy sea of life; I wonder how I ever made it
through a day without you. Please meet me dressed in your American Flag
on Valentine's Day and we will celebrate our hot love together.

Yours presidentially,
Bill Clinton

Dear Betty Bodine,

My love, I think I like you but I am not sure about our friend
relationship. I do like your armpits and the sight of you in your
overalls is better than TV, no, I mean even better than the Internet.
In fact, I will give up netsurfing for a Hick-like evening with you. I
will bring the frogs and you can bring the fries. Or maybe we will go
out. Or maybe you will decide.

Yours greasy,
Corey Deitz

* * * * *
Masters Of Their Domain
-----------------------
Billboard Inc. (Billboard Magazine) is getting ready for a site on
the Internet. It has registered BILLBOARD as a Domain name.

KZRR 94 Rock recently registered 94ROCK for their Domain name.

* * * * *
>From the RadioPrep List:
------------------------
(This comment originally appeared on the RADIOPREP list. I thought it
was very interesting.)

We are in the early stages of having the audience participating in
the show via e-mail. Two things appear to be happening. The first is
this "silent majority" who choose not to use the phone to participate in
the program. These are people we've obviously never heard from before.
Some of their e-mail is pretty hip. I respond to each piece of e-mail
and invite them to call. Some do. I've also noticed some of the
regular callers have switched over to e-mail as their method to
communicate with the show. They've been replaced by a whole new group
of people on the phones. Maybe it's the moon and the stars.

We also encourage the audience to stop by the studio. Now, consider the
fact that we are in a downtown office building..THEY COME. Some call
ahead...others just stop by. How many? Perhaps one a week. It doesn't
get old and it adds the element of the surprise to the program. A
couple of times we've put the "live" studio people on the phones with
callers. I just sit back. We've had "moments."

The bottom line is that we have positioned the morning show as bigger
than life - without the arrogant attitude you hear on some shows. WE
ARE YOU is what we communicate to the audience. It's not the "we're in
show business and you're not" attitude that bubbles underneath some
morning programs.

So far, it's working BIG for the show and the radio station.

JOHN HARPER
99.9 WEZN Bridgeport, CT

elevant addresses:
Internet BITNET
Submissions: big-lan@suvm.acs.syr.edu BIG-LAN@SUVM
LISTSERV/Archives: listserv@suvm.acs.syr.edu LISTSERV@SUVM
Moderator: jmwobus@syr.edu JMWOBUS@SYREDU
Anonymous ftp archives: syr.edu

Note: BIG-LAN is redistributed through many mailing lists at other sites
run by other individuals. If you subscribe(d) through such a
"redistribution" list, you will need to remember its owner.
Getting the BIG-LAN FAQ memo:
http://web.syr.edu/~jmwobus/comfaqs/big-lan.faq
or
ftp://syr.edu/information/faqs/big-lan.fa

From: "John M. Wobus" <jmwobus@mailbox.syr.edu>
Subject: How to get the BIG-LAN FAQ memo

How to get BIG-LAN FAQ memo:

(1) Through the World Wide Web (updated continuously):

http://web.syr.edu/~jmwobus/comfaqs/big-lan.faq

(2) Through a central World Wide Web site (updated ?):

http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/hypertext/faq/usenet/LANs/big-lan-faq/faq.html

(3) Through anonymous ftp (updated monthly):

ftp://ftp.syr.edu/information/faqs/big-lan.faq

(4) Through anonymous ftp from a central site (updated quarterly):

ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/bit.listserv.big-lan/BIG-LAN_bit.lis
tserv.big-l
an_FAQ

(5) Through Gopher (same as ftp site):

gopher://gopher.syr.edu/

Having reached the main menu, select the following menu items:

Computing
Syracuse University's FTP archives
Computing Services FTP Archives
information
faqs
big-lan.faq

(5) By e-mail (same version as is available via the web):

e-mail your request to jmwobus@syr.edu

Note:

http://web.syr.edu/~jmwobus/lans/

also has other FAQ memos and pointers to web sites related
to data communications.
ftp://ftp.syr.edu/

I am looking for Internet addresses for two Research Programs:

> MATC at the University of Nebraska

What's "MATC" or which city (Lincoln, Omaha, Kearney) ?

If you don't know, try the WWW-server using the URL: http://UNLVM.UNL.EDU
and then click on "Nebraska WWW Servers".

Or, use the URL: http://WWW.DED.STATE.NE.US
for the "Department of Economic Development".

PREVIEW the soon-to-be-released (April 15) SigmaXYZ, the GeoDe-series
program for finding stresses within an earth mass due to any of the
following types of loads: point load, infinitely long line load, uniformly
loaded rectangle, uniformly loaded circle, uniform strip load, uniform
triangular load, uniform sloped load, terraced load, semi-infinite uniform
load, Boussinesq foundation, or Westergaard foundation. E-Mail to
xedge@infi.net for additional information, or download the preview version
now from our WebPage: http://www.infi.net/~xedge.
* * * * *