Re: Script Terminator?

Chris Lilley, Computer Graphics Unit (lilley@v5.cgu.mcc.ac.uk)
Thu, 8 Sep 1994 16:36:37 GMT

In message <aa9348bb000210022569@[199.1.11.119]> Benjamin McLemore writes:

> I'm trying to execute a script that will return via e-mail some information
> to an email address that is supplied in a form, but I don't want the user
> to have to wait for the script to finish executing before he gets a
> response from the server

You need to store information which is then used by another process. For example
writing files, or inserting entries into batch queues, or suchlike. The process
that deals with this information runs independently of the server. See if you
have NQS on your system. If not, see if you have the 'at' command.

--
Chris