Re: DIENST, some comments

Markus Veittes (Veittes@rrz.uni-koeln.de)
Thu, 8 Sep 1994 15:50:10 +0200

On Sep 8, 12:56, Bert Bos wrote:
> Subject: DIENST, some comments
>
> One of the "related issues" in section 5 seems to point to distributed
> servers ("Server registration"). Exactly how servers should relay
> queries to each other is unclear to me. This probably needs additional
> mechanisms, not present in the current Dienst protocol.
>
>-- End of excerpt from Bert Bos

As far as I know, there are the registerd servers listed in the perl-
scripts of the dienst server software, and so the search is made
on all listed servers from the one which makes the search.

Original URL for dienst: <a href="http://cs-tr.cs.cornell.edu">
Cornell CS Technical Reports</a>

We also plan to register our university in this CSTR project.

Regards,
Markus

--
Markus Veittes

University of Cologne Regional Computing Center Tel.: +49 (221) 478-5763 Robert-Koch-Str. 10 Fax: +49 (221) 478-5590 E-mail: veittes@rrz.Uni-Koeln.DE D-50931 Koeln URL: http://www.rrz.Uni-Koeln.DE/~a0055/ Germany