Re: error url

Jeff Porter (sydporte@falcon.cc.ukans.edu)
Mon, 22 Aug 1994 16:22:35 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 22 Aug 1994, Frans van Hoesel wrote:

> A possible usefull extension (yet another one)
> is to have the page, and/or url contain another url to return
> to the user in case some url fails (now we are forced to live
> with message like .... bla bla server refused ...)

I think that this is a good idea. It would be nice to see the error
message as well, so that it would be possible to differentiate a server
not found from a server timed out, for example. Perhaps a composite of
the error message and a document pointed to by the error url.

// Jeff Porter
// Office of Systems Development, University of Kansas
// EMAIL: sydporte@falcon.cc.ukans.edu
// PHONE: (913) 864-5432