Re: WWW "versus" gopher

Kevin Altis (altis@ibeam.jf.intel.com)
Thu, 10 Mar 1994 21:54:20 --100

At 9:01 PM 3/10/94 +0000, Jay Glicksman wrote:
>At the current rate of growth, WWW use on the Internet will pass
>gopher use (in both packet count and byte count) sometime during this
>current month (or next month for sure). The raw statistics are below.

This is great.

On the other hand, I can't understand the staggering amount of telnet
traffic. More than email, almost as much as ftp data, most Internet users
must still be on character oriented displays?! I guess if the telnet
numbers start dropping, then we can assume that people are making CGI front
ends to databases (like the Library of Congress) normally accessed via a
telnet session.

ka