From: efr...@void.ncsa.uiuc.edu (Beth Frank)
Subject: NCSA httpd 1.4 Beta Test
Date: 1995/04/11
organization: University of Illinois at Urbana
newsgroups: comp.infosystems.www.providers

Several people have requested more information on the NCSA beta.
I'm re-posting the information since the official release has
been delayed, because we've run into some further problems.
(That's what a Beta test is for right? :^)  I urge people to
wait for the official release.  It will be available as soon
as we're sure we've solved the Solaris problem.

To get a copy of NCSA httpd 1.4 beta, you must register at
http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/httpd-beta/beta-reg.html

You only need to enter the form once.  Write down your assigned login.

Once you have registered you are added to the mailing list for update
announcements.  You can then pick up later updates through
http://hoohoo/httpd-beta/bin/binaries.html

The bug reporting process for the Beta is generally available if
you wish to monitor our progress.  The HyperNews page is
http://union.ncsa.uiuc.edu/HyperNews/get/www/httpd-beta.html
Please do NOT post complaints or problems unless you are participating
in the beta test.  We will not be adding new features at this late date.
Once the beta test is complete we will be setting up a HyperNews page
for suggestions, bug reports and enhancement requests.  Please wait for
that page to add general commentary on the NCSA httpd.

--
-Elizabeth Frank (efr...@ncsa.uiuc.edu)
The NCSA httpd Development Team

organization: Mississippi State University

efr...@void.ncsa.uiuc.edu (Beth Frank) writes:

>Several people have requested more information on the NCSA beta.
>I'm re-posting the information since the official release has
>been delayed, because we've run into some further problems.
>(That's what a Beta test is for right? :^)  I urge people to
>wait for the official release.  It will be available as soon
>as we're sure we've solved the Solaris problem.
                                ^^^^^^^

You guys shouldn't bee too worried about Solaris. Its probably not your
fault :)  If it works under Linux, its good enough.

Atif Khan