From: hart...@lanl.gov (Rob Hartill)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.www.providers
Subject: Comments please...
Date: 14 Feb 1995 19:53:58 GMT
Sender: hart...@qcd.lanl.gov (Rob Hartill)

Lots of people have modified NCSA's httpd, but I'm not aware of
any central collection point for distributing these modifications.

Some modifications fix bugs, others add support for new featues,
and some improve efficiency.

First of all, is anyone actively working on the Unix 1.4 version ?
If not, I'd like to propose setting up an archive of patches that
people have applied to their httpd source, so that everyone
can share them.

Maybe if this proposal were to catch on, NCSA httpd could evolve
as a community effort rather than all of us relying on one person
to maintain it.

Last time I looked at the blurb that comes with httpd, I got the
impression that the code could be used and modified without restriction.

I could probably find a FTP home for the archive here at LANL.

--
Robert Hartill                           http://nqcd.lanl.gov/~hartill/
Los Alamos National Laboratory                    Phone: (505) 665 2280