From: akma...@crl.com (Allen Matheson)
Newsgroups: news.groups.questions
Subject: Where are Newsgroups archived?
Date: 10 Dec 1994 22:42:55 -0800

I'm looking for a list of places where I can find archives of newsgroups.
Does such a list exist?  Are there such archives around somewhere?

Thanks,
Allen Matheson

From: ji...@quip.eecs.umich.edu (Jim Jewett)
Newsgroups: news.groups.questions
Subject: Re: Where are Newsgroups archived?
Date: 13 Dec 1994 16:08:50 GMT

In article <3ce71f$s...@crl5.crl.com>, Allen Matheson <akma...@crl.com> wrote:
>I'm looking for a list of places where I can find archives of newsgroups.
>Does such a list exist?  Are there such archives around somewhere?

ftp://ftp.neosoft.com/pub/users/claird/news.lists/newsgroup_archives.html

has a list of known newsgroup archives.  If you find more, please
send email to Cameron Laird <cla...@neosoft.com>.

If you don't have either ftp or some web browser (lynx, mosaic, slipknot...)
then you can send email to a url-by email service.

I think

list...@www0.cern.ch works, if you say
send ftp://ftp.neosoft.com/pub/users/claird/news.lists/newsgroup_archives.html

 jJ |    Take only memories.            ji...@eecs.umich.edu
\__/     Leave not even footprints.     jew...@pitt.edu