From: mka...@cs.cmu.edu (Mark Kantrowitz)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.prolog,comp.lang.scheme,comp.object.logic,
comp.robotics,comp.speech,comp.sys.ti.explorer,comp.sys.xerox,sci.lang
Subject: Archives for this Newsgroup
Date: 10 Oct 1994 22:25:12 GMT
comp.object.logic:144 comp.robotics:5966 comp.speech:1897
comp.sys.ti.explorer:53 comp.sys.xerox:201 sci.lang:6336

Archives of the AI-related newsgroups listed below can now be found in
appropriate subdirectories of
   ftp.cs.cmu.edu:/user/ai/pubs/news/
Each of these newsgroups is being automatically archived on a weekly
basis.  For example, the gzipped tar file 94_10_08.tgz in the
comp.lang.lisp/ subdirectory contains all articles that appeared in the
comp.lang.lisp newsgroup during the previous week. Links to these
archives also exist in many of the topical directories of the CMU AI
Repository (e.g., /user/ai/lang/lisp/news/ contains links to
Lisp-related newsgroups).

The archives for most of the newsgroups start with articles appearing
on 23-JUL-94, which is when the newsgroup archiving software was first
tested. Some newsgroups, however, have archives that go back further
(sometimes with gaps) due to archives originally maintained elsewhere.
For example, the comp.lang.lisp archive includes articles from January
1990 through February 1992 in addition to the more recent archives.

The newsgroups being archived include:

   comp.ai                        comp.lang.lisp
   comp.ai.alife                  comp.lang.lisp.franz
   comp.ai.edu                    comp.lang.lisp.mcl
   comp.ai.fuzzy                  comp.lang.lisp.x
   comp.ai.genetic                comp.lang.prolog
   comp.ai.jair.announce          comp.lang.scheme
   comp.ai.jair.papers            comp.lang.smalltalk
   comp.ai.nat-lang               comp.object.logic
   comp.ai.neural-nets            comp.org.lisp-users
   comp.ai.nlang-know-rep         comp.robotics
   comp.ai.philosophy             comp.speech
   comp.ai.shells                 comp.std.lisp
   comp.ai.vision                 comp.sys.ti.explorer
   comp.constraints               comp.sys.xerox
   comp.lang.clos                 sci.lang
   comp.lang.dylan

If there is sufficient demand, we will archive other newsgroups as
well. Comments and suggestions should be sent to
ai+news-...@cs.cmu.edu.

Mark Kantrowi

comp.robotics,comp.speech,comp.sys.ti.explorer,comp.sys.xerox,
sci.lang,news.groups.questions,news.misc
comp.object.logic:145 comp.robotics:5980 comp.speech:1909
comp.sys.ti.explorer:54 comp.sys.xerox:202 sci.lang:6349
news.groups.questions:3356 news.misc:3408

In article <37cf08$2...@cantaloupe.srv.cs.cmu.edu>,
Mark Kantrowitz <mka...@cs.cmu.edu> wrote:
>Archives of the AI-related newsgroups listed below can now be found in
>appropriate subdirectories of
>   ftp.cs.cmu.edu:/user/ai/pubs/news/
		.
		.
		.
>   comp.lang.clos                 sci.lang
>   comp.lang.dylan
>
>If there is sufficient demand, we will archive other newsgroups as
>well. Comments and suggestions should be sent to
>ai+news-...@cs.cmu.edu.
>
>Mark Kantrowitz

Great work, Mark!

For those who like to navigate through a WWW interface,

  ftp://ftp.neosoft.com/pub/users/claird/news.lists/newsgroup_archives.html

indexes not only the CMU AI archives of newsgroups, but over a hundred
other publicly-accessible sites.
--

Cameron Laird		ftp://ftp.neosoft.com/pub/users/claird/home.html
cla...@Neosoft.com (claird%Ne...@uunet.uu.net)	+1 713 267 7966