Newsgroups: news.admin
From: w...@rwwa.COM (Robert Withrow)
Subject: News requires redesign and re-implementation
Sender: n...@rwwa.COM (News Administrator)
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1992 17:59:25 GMT

This latest spate of foolishness, following years of intermittent
incidents of similar foolishness, has convinced me that continued
incremental development of the current news architecture is wasted
effort.  ``news'' needs to be redesigned with security and authority
as *primary* objectives.

The cumulative savings in time and effort across the net resulting
from the introduction of a news system that made impossible, or
nearly so, forgeries, sendsys bombings, leakages, stale news floods,
mis-directed distributions, and all of the other things the current
system gives us, would be truly astounding.

No, I am not volenteering.
--
---
 Robert Withrow, R.W. Withrow Associates, Swampscott MA 01907 USA