From: r...@lgnp1.LS.COM (Super user)
Newsgroups: news.admin
Subject: Help with net politics
Date: 16 Jan 90 22:26:53 GMT

i have never posted to news.admin before and i hope this is the correct
place for this plea for help.

i maintain the nixpub lists and have been doing so for about 14 months.
during this time i have been posting updates to these lists (long and
short) to pubnet.nixpub w/ cross postings to comp.misc and alt.bbs.  about
2 month ago, chem.ecsd.edu start running a daemon that is re-posting each
and every article posted to pubnet.nixpub.

i realize that pubnet is an alternate hierarchy but i am starting to get
pissed off and need advice.  i have been in touch with the usenet news admin
there and he says that some site thinks that pubnet.nixpub is moderated and
his site is just forwarding postings for the moderator -- he will not correct
the situation.  others have suggested that he is mis-managing a mailing list.

i have been getting a number of complaints from folks on the net about mis-use
of net bandwidth.  i don't really care that people are complaining to me, it
is his domain that is the offender.  what i need is some kind of advice as to
what i can do to correct this problem. -- i have sent out 5 control messages
(newgroup) in the last month to flag pubnet.nixpub as unmoderated but this
has not cured the problem.

if this is not the proper group, would someone please direct me as to where
i can get help.  please e-mail responses ...

one frustrated admin,
phil

--
Phil Eschallier
System Administration for lgnp1 -- Mail/News gateway for LS.COM