From: l...@NET.BIO.NET (Eliot Lear)
Newsgroups: comp.org.usenix,news.misc,news.software.b
Subject: BOF Announcement - Netnews User Interfaces (yet again)
Date: 6 Jun 89 06:46:59 GMT
Sender: f...@Apple.COM

		Second USENET SOFTWARE BOF
	     SON OF INFORMATION OVERLOAD, PART II

When:	    Wednesday, June 14, 1989, 8:30PM - 10:30PM
Room:	    Check the BOF board (yes, we have a big room)

Hosted by:  Erik Fair of Apple Computer, and yours truly.

USENET is generating so much information, of varying quality and
usefulness, that it is hard to find "the good stuff" for whatever
definition of "good stuff" you like.

The charter of this BOF is to talk about the information overload that
we're all suffering, and implementable software solutions (or just patches).

Topics to be discussed will include the following:

	o	Advances in software technology affecting this group.
		In specific, TMNN News 3.0.  The new transports have
		caused a bit of a delay.

	o	Progress made since January - Summary of
		news-interfaces discussion.

We especially invite implementors and perspective implementors to
attend our session.  Again, ideas are nice.  Implementations are
nicer.