From: p...@csnz.nz (Paul Gillingwater)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.modems
Subject: Re: Haye's special offer to BBS sysops
Date: 29 Sep 88 10:47:47 GMT

I have seen a press release from Hayes in which they are offering
their new 9600 bps modem to sysops of qualifying BBS at a VERY
special price, i.e. US$400.  This is some 70% off retail, so it
looks like a very attractive offer.  I almost had written the cheque
when I relalized that it would probably NOT be compatible with
the nearly-de facto standard, the Trailblazer Plus (trademark of
Telebit, I guess).

So, I'm in a quandary.  (=dilemma*2).  Do I buy a couple of the new
Hayes, which they plan to make V.4{2,3} compatible?  Or should I
save my pennies for a Telebit?  Will the TB+ ever support V.32 or
any other CCITT standard besides V.22bis?  Will the new Hayes EVER
be able to talk to a Trailblazer, or vice versa?

I need your collective wisdom to help make this decision.  Of course,
the _VERY BEST_ solution for me would be to receive a nice letter
via e-mail from Telebit offering to sell me one of their new TB+
modems for US$400!!   How about it guys?  I'm in a position to promote
a lot of your modems down in this neck'o'the woods (New Zealand!).
I believe the TB+ is manufactured in Australasia under license by
Netcomm - hope this won't be a problem.

Cheers from way down-under!

--
Paul Gillingwater --> Path: ...!uunet!vuwcomp!dsiramd!csnz!paul
Computer Sciences of New Zealand Ltd.  	Domain: p...@csnz.co.nz