From: r...@seismo.CSS.GOV (Rick Adams)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.modems
Subject: Trailblazer throughput on international dialup circuits
Date: 29 Jan 88 04:39:49 GMT

The connection between uchdcc (in Chile) and uunet is now via
a Telebit Trailblazer Plus modem.

Even given the horrible phone line quality between the USA and
Chile, we are getting 8-9 kbps end to end throughput running
uucp's 'g' protocol with the protocol spoofing enabled.

I was hoping for 5-6 kbps given the horrible lines, but this
is good enough!

(This makes Trailblazers cheaper that X.25 for international calls
my my rough calculations)

---rick