From: caf@omen.UUCP
Newsgroups: net.news.stargate
Subject: Stargate Questions
Date: Mon, 23-Jun-86 17:55:35 EDT

A number of questions about Stargate:

1) How will Stargate accomodate sites that are cut off from the link for
several hours or a couple of days do to storms, cable outages, or system
crashes?

2) How will Stargate affect those sites that cannot obtain cable TV or
a TVRO viz a] news feed b]article reply/followup

3) Will it be possible to cheaply implement "local Stargates" based on
local TV stations for those in condition (2) above, in terms of a head-end
encoder and decoder boxes?

4) Could such a local system retransmit Stargate traffic?

   Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX  ...!tektronix!reed!omen!caf   CIS:70715,131
   Author of Professional-YAM communications Tools for PCDOS and Unix
 Omen Technology Inc     17505-V NW Sauvie Island Road Portland OR 97231
Voice: 503-621-3406 TeleGodzilla: 621-3746 300/1200 L.sys entry for omen:
omen Any ACU 1200 1-503-621-3746 se:--se: link ord: Giznoid in:--in: uucp
omen!/usr/spool/uucppublic/FILES lists all uucp-able files, updated hourly