Newsgroups: net.news
From: harpo!ber
Date: Mon Jun 28 04:15:54 1982
Subject: release 1.0 of notesfiles available - (nf)

#N:harpo:9800005:000:469
harpo!ber    Jun 25 07:30:00 1982

I just got my "official" release 1.0 of 'notesfiles', PLATO-like notes
on UNIX.  It interfaces to netnews and is crt oriented.  I also have permission
to redistribute it.  It ain't perfect, but what is?  When it gets some heavier
use (currently only 4 USENET sites are running it) I think the minor
netnews interface problems will be quickly solved.

	For your very own copy, send mail to:

		...!harpo!uiucdcs!essick (Ray Essick)
			or
		...!harpo!ber		 (Raymond Ber)