From: ec...@maytag.waterloo.edu (Edmund C. Lam)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.sequent
Subject: bug in Dynix C compiler.
Date: 3 Jan 89 13:14:28 GMT
Sender: dae...@watmath.waterloo.edu

I found a C compiler bug in the balance C compiler.  We don't have software
support, but here is the bug warning for anyone listening.

Dynix V3.0.12 Oct 5/88.
Category: Software
System Type: Balance
Id: 51079 24576 /bin/cc  (Feb 6/88)
 The following structure definition causes /bin/cc to complain about a
 C syntax error:

 struct foo {
      int private;
 };

 The bug is triggered by the keyword "private" inside a structure
 declaration.  Using "private" outside a structure is fine.

 This bug was found while building XV11R3 (xdm client).

 The easy solution is to change declarations of "private" to something else.

BTW:
 Does anyone know sequent's bug report mail address?  I just want to make
 /usr/bin/mailbug work.   Thanks.
--
        -Edmund C. Lam    (University of Waterloo)
	<ec...@maytag.waterloo.edu>