Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 12:00:05 +1000 (EST)
From: Warren Toomey < wkt@henry.cs.adfa.oz.au>
To: unixarc@minnie.cs.adfa.oz.au
Subject: Petition SCO for PDP-11 UNIX Source Licenses

Hello,
	You may have received email from me last week asking for ideas about
lobbying SCO to make source licenses for PDP-11 UNIXes available. The feedback
from the email was in favour of creating a petition which we would present to
SCO. I mailed a draft petition to many of you and again got a favourable
response.

Therefore, I've set up a WWW petition for PDP-11 UNIX source licenses at
http://minnie.cs.adfa.oz.au/PUPS/petition.html.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!!! if you agree with the petition.

PLEASE GET OTHER PEOPLE TO SIGN TOO!!! We need as many signatures as we can
get. Pass the word around to other interested people you know of.

If you filled in the PDP-11 UNIX source code survey on the same WWW server,
your name has been automatically put on the petition, unless you disagreed
with the petition's contents. Please email me if you want your name removed.
You can re-sign the petition to add your Full Name; I'll tidy it up later.

I'd like to get well over 100 names on the petition before I pass it to SCO.
If you have contacts at SCO who we could send the petition, please email me!
If you'd like to be put on a mailing list to be kept informed of the petition's
progress, also email me.

Hopefully, we will get a result from SCO.

Thanks again,

	Warren Toomey	wkt@cs.adfa.oz.au