Availability of kdb
From: Daniel Phillips (news-innominate.list.linux.kernel@innominate.de)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 13:11:32 EST

Mike Galbraith wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Damien Miller wrote:
>
> > Tools like a KDB would make the kernel a lot more accessible to the
> > time-poor.
>
> Kdb is available to all. I think it should be _integrated_ mostly
> because of the (potential) improvement in bug report quality.

Well, yes and no. As maintained by SGI, kdb is up to date:
ftp://oss.sgi.com/www/projects/kdb/download/ix86/kdb-v1.3-2.4.0-test8-pre4.gz

As maintained in the official ikd package, kdb is unusuably out of
date, at least for me:
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/andrea/ikd/v2.4/2.4.0-test2-ikd2.bz2

Q: If kdb were a kernel option, would the official version be out of
date, the way it is now?