Pacific HiTech, Inc. Announces TurboLinux 1.0
TurboLinux 1.0, Pacific HiTech's new Linux distribution, is now available for
i386 systems. Linux is an efficient operating system which takes full advantage
of current computer hardware platforms. This distribution is designed to benefit
both the advanced and novice users by providing easy installation and powerful configuration
tools. A Japanese i386 version will be available in November, 1997.
PowerPC versions (both English and Japanese) are coming soon.
Please visit the TurboLinux web site for more information, or to submit
comments [ https://www.turbolinux.com/cgi-bin/betatest.pl ].
- Easy Installation and Setup - Hardware components (SCSI, Ethernet, and Video
adapters) are automatically detected at installation.
- TurboDesk - This configurable desktop environment allows customization without
editing text files.
- AutoUpdate - Packages are seamlessly installed onto your system using either
the interactive mode or the fully automatic mode (RPM compatible).
- Bootable CD - Boot directly from CD-ROM, or DOS (using LOADLIN), or a single
boot floppy image.
- TurboPPPConfig - Setup your ppp connection during installation, or any time
- System Administration Tools - Including a graphical DNS nameserver configuration
program, a topographical TCP/IP network manager, and more...
- X Applications - Including programs for Word Processing/Text Editing, Spreadsheets,
Graphics, and more...
- Networking Applications - Including a full suite of TCP/IP, IPX, and Appletalk
- Extra Utilities - Including many helper utilities such as clocks, calendars,
datebooks, usage meters, desktop navigation tools, desktop locking tools, screen
savers, and more...
- Upgradability - Seamlessly upgrade from one version to the next, while maintaining
all of your data and settings.
- Hardware Support - Most popular hardware components currently sold for PCs
- Documentation - Full documentation in both printed and HTML format.
- Technical Support - TurboLinux owners are entitled to e-mail technical support.
System Requirements for i386:
- Minimum Configuration:
- i386SX-16 microprocessor
- 8 Megabytes of RAM
- 1x CD-ROM drive
- 3.5" floppy disk drive
- IBM VGA-compatible display
- 150 MB free hard disk space
- Recommended Configuration:
- P5-75 or faster CPU
- 16 Megabytes (or more) of RAM
- 4x CD-ROM drive
- 3.5" floppy disk drive
- High-performance PCI SVGA video card w/ 2 MB (or more) of RAM
- 600MB free hard disk space (to install everything, plus 32MB Swap)
Software Distribution Note:
Due to copyright restrictions and international law, the following packages will
NOT appear on the CD-ROM version of TurboLinux:
However, these packages can be downloaded and installed through the TurboLinux Automatic
Package Update system.
- ssh (secure shell)
Pacific HiTech, Inc. USA
3855 South 500 West, Suite M
Salt Lake City, UT 84115
Technical Support: (801) 261-1024
Fax: (801) 261-0310
Pacific HiTech, Inc. Japan
Info & Sales: 03-5477-9675
Info, Sales, Tech Support: 03-5477-9919