Re: SIGGRAPH 94 presence missed

Brian Behlendorf (brian@wired.com)
Thu, 28 Jul 1994 20:06:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 28 Jul 1994, Sarah R. Yoffa wrote:
> Hi everyone. I'm an engineer working in aerospace in Florida and
> was reading this list until a few weeks ago. I ran out of time, but
> not interest. When I attended SIGGRAPH '94 in Orlando, Florida,
> yesterday (which was a *FAN*DAMN*TASTIC event, BTW), I was really
> disappointed to discover the gasping absence of a SIG for Wired's
> VRML discussions.

It was actually announced on the list, but I suppose I can be
faulted for 1) not mentioning it on our web pages, and 2) not
making sure the other Wired staffers knew about it and could direct
people there. Wired's role in this project is merely as facilitator to
the discussion, as we want to be able to use this for our site and
hope others do to. I also have fallen way behind in posting to the
digest list.

I'm sorry you missed the meeting, I heard it was a success and that
Mark will post the minutes of it soon.

To the other list members - I'll leave the survey up for another week
so that SIGGRAPHers can still have time to fill it out.

Brian