Re: LANG: Dynamic characteristics

Paolo Sabella (Paolo_Sabella@NeTpower.com)
Thu, 14 Jul 94 12:20:00 PDT

----------
> David Mott writes:
>
>I think you're misunderstanding Inventor here.
>The Inventor toolkit is written with C++. But C++ code is not what
>is passed around to describe Inventor scenes - rather, Inventor has
>a data interchange format for specifying scenes.

Inventor also provides the ability to create new Inventor objects that are
not part of the standard Inventor library. These objects can be passed
around in the Inventor scene graph ASCII format when accompanied by a
dynamically loadable shared object (dso in unix, dll in windows).

When Inventor reads a scene that includes such an object it automatically
loads the compiled code for the object.

Paolo