RE: draft-ietf-html-style-00.txt & class as a general selector

Albert Lunde (Albert-Lunde@nwu.edu)
Fri, 8 Dec 1995 14:03:37 -0600

At 12:21 PM 12/8/95, David Seibert wrote:
>Does anyone have an example of a reason for any style that is *not* based
>on either the content or the document structure, besides Chris Lilley's
>example of ransom note (see below). I certainly can't think of one - why
>emphasize a certain piece of text if the content of that particular
>piece isn't particularly important, unless it helps to clarify the
>document structure?

I might write something about Web markup, where I wanted to show examples
of a large number of different style effects.

More frequently, I think people will put in some kind of particular effect
on a word or phrase, because they like the way it looks on browser X and
they don't know/care about the virtues of structural markup. You (or I) may
not like this, but it won't stop them from trying.

---
    Albert Lunde                      Albert-Lunde@nwu.edu