RE: draft-ietf-html-style-00.txt & class as a general selector

Chris Wilson (cwilso@microsoft.com)
Fri, 8 Dec 1995 08:45:08 -0800

Chris Lilley wrote:
>If it is affected for no reason .... then why on earth should HTML be
extended
>to cope with formatting changes that occur for no reason?

I believe he meant content- or document structure-based reason. Obviously,
there is a reason - you want the style to change at that point.

>Lets be clear here: a change to HTML hs been proposed so it can
>do *ransom notes* ? Given the goals of HTML this is clearly nonsense.

Where did "ransom notes" come from? Let's try to keep the discussion on
track...

-Chris