Re: partial URLs ?

Bill Brooks (wbrooks@trumpet.aix.calpoly.edu)
Thu, 21 Dec 1995 11:37:15 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 21 Dec 1995, Mike Meyer wrote:

> Do you know of any other OS that *does* work that way? If not, then
> pretty much every platform on the net except Unix and Dos based ones
> qualify. I've seen numerous claims that the most common server on the
> is running on neither Unix nor DOS. Of course, server authors for
> those platforms will probably just ignore this restriction, as they
> have no reason to deal with it.

Mike,
had to respond to this minor, irrelevant section. I'd like to see
the "numerous claims that the most common server on the is running on
neither Unix nor DOS." According to the PCWeek(not the most
Unix-friendly source of news in the world) of December 11, 83% of all
Web servers are based on Unix.

Please respond via e-mail since going on from here would have
nothing to do with HTML or the purpose of this list.

Bill