Re: CGI-script and Ingres

Adam Jack (ajack@corp.micrognosis.com)
Mon, 27 Nov 1995 09:54:24 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 27 Nov 1995, Sofie Johansson Kokkinakis wrote:

> I have managed to write a working Perl-script to call a C-program which
> contains embedded sql search routines, and it works fine.
> But when I try to call the Perl-script from a "form" I recieve an error
> message:
>
> "ERlookup: Error accessing message text: For unknown reasons. Check
> messages files in the
> installation. Internal error. Report this problem to your technical
> representative. INGRES ERROR:
> 9961473"
>
> Noone I have talked to has a clue about what this problem means.
> Is it maybe Netscape and CGI-scripts that has a problem in communicating
> with Ingres. It seems like it is possible to call Ingres from other
> applications without any problems.
>
> Is there anyone who knows what this problem might be?

I believe (w/o knowing anything about Ingres) that you are
suffering from environmental differences. When you run the
perl script from a shell the userid is you and the enviroment
is, say, from your .login + .cshrc.

Consider when the HTTPD forks and exec's Perl to run the
script. Firstly the userid may be different - but also the
environment is likely widely different.

Go looking for neccessary environment variables ...

Adam

--
+1-203-730-5437 | http://www.micrognosis.com/~ajack/index.html