Re: Meta Tag - proposal (suggestions ???)

Robert Hazeltine (rhazltin@zeppo.nepean.uws.edu.au)
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 18:32:54 +1000 (EET)

Davide

On Mon, 13 Nov 1995, Davide Musella wrote:

> Request for comments, suggestions, etc...
> I've only formalized the meta tag definition of the
> draft-ietf-html-specv3-00.txt
> I need it to create a complete environment for the research agents.
> Suggestions are welcome!!

Before I comment on the draft, perhaps you might care to explain a few
things for me as I am fairly new to this list. I hope you do not mind.

Is the draft intended for the approval process or is it merely a vehicle
for comment of this group? If it is not for your own use, I do not
understand the reference to needing it to create a complete environment
for the research agents. Who are the research agents anyway?

Is the omission of one or more meta elements going to constitute bad
HTML? Is it for the HTML3 spec? What is the degree of overlap with the
HTTP group?

Rob...