Re: Bug in htmlchek(.awk) on tables (</TR>)?

Ka-Ping Yee (kryee@novice.uwaterloo.ca)
Thu, 12 Oct 1995 23:52:51 -0400

On Thu, 12 Oct 1995 ccoleman@colma.com wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> on Fri, 13 Oct 1995 mortenf@login.dknet.dk (Morten Frederiksen) wrote:
>
> >I'm having problems with the following piece of HTML, when running
> >it through htmlchek (v4.1) on MSDOS 5.0 with GNU AWK 2.15:
>
> I did a cut and paste on your code and then called it via Netscape.
>
> I found no errors.
>
> Perhaps the problem is not in the HTML document.

Naturally you did not find errors: Netscape is not a validating parser.

Do NOT use Netscape as a means to validate your HTML! Netscape is not
SGML-compliant in many ways, and yields no information at all as to the
correctness of your document.

> Curtis E. Coleman
> President

Ping (Ka-Ping Yee): 2N Computer Engineering, University of Waterloo, Canada
kryee@csclub.uwaterloo.ca, St. Paul's College, Waterloo N2L 3G5, 519 725-8008
CWSF 89, 90, 92; LIYSF 90, 91; Shad Valley 92; DOE 93; IMO 91, 93; ACMICPC 94
*** Hayakawa Moemi * Tendou Akane * Belldandy * Amano Ai * Ayukawa Madoka ***
WWW maintainer for the Canadian Space Agency - <http://www.dsm.sp-agency.ca/>