Re: Bug in netscape

Chin Chee-Kai (cheekai@ncb.gov.sg)
Sat, 7 Oct 1995 09:13:04 +0800 (SST)

On Fri, 6 Oct 1995, Srivastava Nandini wrote:
> Is there a bug in netscape1.1 ? It has been observed a lot of times that
> it i am on a page and click more than once on the back button the browser
> vanishes from the screen giving the very familiar message
> segmentation fault core dumped

Somewhat related to this is a "crash-netscape-1.1" page that I've
accidentally come up with while twiddling with some tags. The
page is at
http://www.gov.sg/cheekai/crash-ns1.1.html
and never fails to crash Netscape 1.1 with GPF or SegFault if you
launch it and open URL to this location. Was quite amusing when
I first discovered it. :)

Anyway, the new version (1.2 I think) is quite immune to this
crash file. If you open to this URL and your Netscape crashes,
I suggest you buy or download the newer version.

Just my 2 cents.

Chin Chee-Kai (Last, First)
cheekai@ncb.gov.sg http://www.ontc.ncb.gov.sg/staff/cheekai/
Tel: 65-7749-167 Fax: 65-7795-234