Re: Re: hidden source code html

Jon Wallis (j.wallis@wlv.ac.uk)
Wed, 04 Oct 1995 08:07:37 +0100

At 18:14 03/10/95 PDT, you wrote:

>How about obfuscation? One could write a program which removes all unecessary
>white space so that it might be a little harder to decipher. Additionally
>you could randomize the case on commands and use arbitrary names on image
>files to make it even more confusing.

Anyone who really wanted to read the source wouuld find this very easy to
get around.

I really can't see what all the fuss is about. The web (and therefore HTML)
is (or at least *were*) about open distribution of information. "Hiding"
the source just seems petulant in the extreme.

--
Jon Wallis         Senior Lecturer in Information Systems Engineering
School of Computing & I.T., University of Wolverhampton, UK - WV1 1SB