Re: HTML and not being cached!!

Mike Dilworth (M.J.Dilworth@is.city.ac.uk)
Tue, 1 Aug 1995 11:12:42 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 31 Jul 1995, Christian Dackus wrote:

> My quetion:
>
> How can I prevent my HTML-page from being cached. I want my HTML-page to be
> uploaded from a server everytime the user asks the page. This is because
> this page changes constantly.
>
> Thanks,
could try the expires content tag, but i'm not sure if all servers
support this, and i'm not absolutly sure if this is correcet html (it
could be netscapian). But I use it on some of my pages and use our
locally wriiten perl server and it works ok. Oh you may have trouble
with proxy server caches too.

hope this is some help

mike
Mike Dilworth, Department of Information Science,
Research Student. City University,
Northampton Square,
Email: M.J.Dilworth@is.city.ac.uk EC1V 0HB.